Energy Soups & Salads
Power soup pots and large salad plates
At LUMBERJACK, we serve soups and salads as full, large dishes. We recommend that guests who want to degust should share their dishes. The plates and bowls are set for this. Shared meals are one top priority at LUMBERJACK and supported in every way.
BOUND AND CLEAR VEGETABLE SOUP
The base is the red-skinned potato breed Laune from Salzburg’s Lungau. The chanterelles come from wild harvesting in the region.
Clear soups with ingredients such as vegetables, buckwheat, fritattas and liver dumplings.
Vegetarian and vegan with vegetable broth. For flexitarians, there is either poultry broth or alternate beef broth. Cream of vegetable soup, tomatoized ministrone with beans and red lentil soup are popular warming winter soups.
In addition to soups, Halie and her team also offer curries and stews.
The Lumberjack bowle with beetle bean falafel and millet loaf is in high demand even among non-vegetarians.
CRISPY, finely marinated winter salads
The six-rowed barley as the central powerfood, lukewarm and slightly marinated. Six winter salads arranged around it. The choices are alternating and depending on availability, e.g.:
- Styrian beetle beans with onions, seed oil and pumpkin seeds
- Celery, carrot and apple salad with lemon, walnuts, vegan mayonnaise and oat cuisine
- marinated red beets
- Mountains lentils with onions, peppers and parsley
- Endive: Potato and apple dressing with crunchy sesame
- Sugar loaf salad with Fichtenwipfelhonig-Hoey mustard-dressing with roasted sunflower seeds
- Coleslaw - white cabbage and carrots with light mayonnaise dressing
- Potato salad: onion, mustard, vegan mayonnaise, pickle juice, parsley
- Chinese cabbage with carrots and roasted hazelnuts
Toppings: roasted sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, hazelnuts and pumpkin seeds, pumpkin seed oil, flowers and herbs, herb oil, brown bread croutons