The large hexagonal station in the centre of the Food Hall
With its XXL black steel chandelier, it can’t be missed. At Café Latini you get the full range of a classic coffee house - coffee, tea, cocoa, cake, ice cream and sausages. And of course we offer steaming mulled wine and warming non-alcoholic punch. The second part of this station is the wine bar.
Finding a name for the coffee station was not as easy and natural as it seems now. Brigitte Latini, matron and hostess at the Café Latini had some reservations about naming the Café after her purely out of modesty. But if you are heart and soul of the station and you have such a great fitting name, there's no need to hide it.
After graduating from high school and business administration, Brigitte ran a hotel in Zell am See with her husband Alois for over 30 years. Later, she owned a Café in the old town of Salzburg and now a small bar „Nachbar“ on the other side of the old town of Salzburg, in the Linzergasse.
Brigitte found her vocation in the gastrosophy late, but well. Together with her fellow student Maria, she completed the university with a master degree in 2016. Brigitte has lived the idea of sustainability, organic, flexitarians for many years and brings her lifestyle, Know-How and convictions to the joint project with Maria at the LUMBERJACK.
Brigitte’s own standards, just to serve top-quality culinary and sustainable products in her Café at the LUMBERJACK was a great challenge. On the technical side regarding the equipment to be purchased, the organic quality and the regionality of the used ingredients. On the daily business side, to prepare perfect organic cocoa, a café latte or a creamy soft ice cream with fresh organic milk in large quantities that fits the footfall of a large mountain hut like the LUMBERJACK.
In organic quality, everything is less sweetened or not extra sweetened at all. In the Café Latini, this applies to hot drinks, cocoa, mulled wine and mulled punch.
All teas are offered open in a tea strainer in a large 0.35 l mug. If you like you can sweeten your drinks and the coffee with organic sugar. Also, the soft ice cream and the cakes are less sweet than usual.
Organic coffee „Da Salzburger“ from the coffee raoster Rafeal Schärf
- Small Espresso: black
- Big Espresso: black
- Kleiner Brauner: Espresso with fresh milk or oat milk
- Großer Brauner: Big espresso with fresh mil or oat milk
- Verlängerter with fresh milk or oat milk
- Melange: Coffee with fresh milk foam
- Caffé Latte: Espresso with hot fresh milk and milk foam
- Milchkaffee: Coffee with fresh milk in a large cup
- Caffé Lumberjack with a shot (10 ml) of nut liqueur or eggnog
- Affogato al Caffé
- Iced Coffee
Hot chocolate with whipped cream
- Hot chocolate with/without whipped cream and rum
- Iced chocolate
Organic teas from the valley by Waltraud Kaml
- Mint mixture
- Herbal tea blend
- Tea Lumberjack - a mix of wild- and forest herbs
Organic teas from Schärf
- Earl Grey: black tea
- Fruit tea
- Green tea
Organic ingredients for tea
Cream and fresh milk, Juice of an organic lemon, Rum, Schnapps
More organic hot drinks
- Hot lemon with the juice of an organic lemon
- Non-alcoholic fruit punch
- Grog – black tea with Rum
- Mulled wine - from the organic winemaker Müllner
- Hot ski water in organic quality from Schäfer
Organic-Soft ice cream
- Vanilla with organic fresh milk
- Chocolate, vegan
- Frozen Jogurt
- Whipped cream
- Roasted nuts (walnut, hazelnut)
- Blueberry sauce - with wild blueberries from Kleinarl
- Fichtenwipfelhonig – by Christine Höller from Kleinarl